How to Deal with Postpartum Depression??? – Being a mother is a very beautiful feeling. After waiting for nine months, when your child comes to this world, then the world of a woman changes completely. After delivery, not only physical changes take place within a woman, but due to hormonal changes, it also affects the woman’s brain. This is why women go through depression many times after delivery. Postpartum depression is a type of stress that can occur at any time during childbirth. This depression usually appears in the first four weeks of delivery.
Identify Symptoms of Postpartum Depression:-
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness
- Extreme irritability and anger
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling very tired
- Feeling unable and helpless
- Despair or guilt
- Mood swings
- Distance from family and friends
- Low self esteem
- Decreased concentration and ability to take decisions
- Energy loss
- Negative thoughts come to mind
Causes of Postpartum Depression
- After delivery there is a change in hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, which have an effect on behavior.
- Apart from this, there can be social reasons. For example, if you want a son and have a daughter, then the woman has to face a lot of stress and pressure.
- They have more responsibility for the child and home and they are also physically weak.
- Unable to accept the sudden change in life
- Not getting proper sleep
- Excess concern for newborn care
- No support from family or spouse
- Worry about future and career
- Increased responsibility
Treatment and prevention of Postpartum Depression
Take time for yourself:-
To deal with postpartum depression, first of all take time for yourself. It does not mean that becoming a mother should give all the time to the child, take some time for you too. Take care and be happy. Whatever your hobby is, you can listen to music, read a book, watch TV etc and do whatever you like.
Take counseling session:-
There can be a solution to this problem by talking too. You can meet a good counselor; they will help you to regain your lost confidence by making you positive towards life.
It takes a lot of patience and strength to raise a child. So eat healthy, eat more fruits and vegetables.
Plenty of Sleep:-
The biggest problem that arises from the birth of a child is the lack of sleep due to which fatigue and irritability start to feel. The solution to this problem is that according to the child’s sleep and waking, you adjust your bedtime and complete your sleep.
Exercise and Yoga:-
Take help of exercise and yoga to keep your body and mind healthy and calm.
Get help from husband and family:-
Do not be alone, talk to your husband and family and spend time with them. By talking, you will feel lighter and your stress level will also be reduced.
In the case of postpartum depression diagnosis, you can do many such things for improvement, which make you feel good. If the symptoms are early then medicines are not needed for this. But it is important to show a psychiatrist if the disease increases.
Hope you liked our post “How to Deal with Postpartum Depression????” If you want to get such important information to read, then please subscribe and share.