Nowadays depression is a common thing. This is a type of mental illness that needs to be treated. Depressive disorder is a clinical syndrome that consists of a group of multiple symptoms. What is depression and its symptoms?
Depression is classified as a mood disorder. It can be described as feelings of sadness, negativity or anger that hinder a person’s everyday activities. People experience depression in many ways. This can create a hurdle in your daily work, which results in an impact on your everyday and work space as well. It can also affect your relationships and chronic health conditions.
Also affects nearly 1 in 10 adults each year – and nearly twice as many women as men. Depression can affect men, women, and children differently.
Symptoms of Depression
- Intense feelings of sadness
- Sense of guilt
- Sense of valueless and hopelessness
- You are crying more than usual and get emotional for no apparent reason.
- suicidal thoughts
- Being angry for small reasons and expelling ones near you
- Inability to concentrate.
- Lack of interest in physical appearance and personal hygiene
- Change of appetite – increase or decrease in appetite, which can result in weight fluctuations.
- Low Energy / Extreme Fatigue
- Being restless or unable to sit.
- Sleep Changes including Insomnia: – You may experience less sleep or are feeling very sleepy and struggling to get out of bed.
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Unexplained digestive problems
If you have had some of the previously mentioned symptoms for more than 2-3 weeks, you might be suffering from major depression disorder. In the process of treating this depression, your first step should be that you meet a good doctor and know about the depression and get it treated.
Depression affects millions of people, but different treatments range from lifestyle changes to medications are available. Visit your doctor to live a healthy life.
I hope this article will help you to understand “What is Depression”? . Please comment & Share.
Also Read :-